Helmholtz Zentrum München is the German Research Center for Environmental Health. It investigates important common diseases which develop from the interaction of lifestyle, environmental factors and personal genetic background, focusing particularly on diabetes mellitus and chronic lung diseases.
Helmholtz Zentrum München is a research institution of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Free State of Bavaria. It is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers.
Finances (2015 budget)
- Total funding/source : 268 million euros
- Total institutional funding: 212,6 million euros
- Third-party funding according to source, total research expenditure 2015: 55 million euros
- Personnel costs: 90,2 million euros
- Material resources: 52,5 million euros
- Grants to third parties: 39,1 million euros
- Current investments: 30.5 million euros
- Construction projects and acquisitions (2014) >2.5 million euros: 19,4 million euros