Gender equality has high priority at Helmholtz Zentrum München. The primary objectives are to increase the proportion of women in science and research in general and in leadership positions in particular, as well as to improve the compatibility of work and family life for all employees at Helmholtz Zentrum München.
A whole package of measures aids in implementing these tasks:
- The Gender Equality Plan, drawn up in June 2010, is based on the research-oriented gender equality standards of the German Research Foundation (DFG)
- In the extensive training program of Helmholtz Zentrum München, special courses are offered to foster the advancement of women
- The Helmholtz Mentoring-Program “Assuming Leadership” has been designed specifically for women scientists with a PhD and for women in administration and management
- Family-friendly, flexible working hours. The Internal Agreement on flexible working hours, which came into force in 2009, enables a better reconciliation of work and family life by abolishing the core working hours.
- Helmholtz Zentrum München is a member of the Dual Career Office, established in 2008 by Technische Universität München. It successfully supports the development of individual solutions for dual career couple. New companies are continually joining the network, which is steadily growing.
- As a particularly family-friendly company, Helmholtz Zentrum München was awarded the title Total-E-Quality.
Saskia Hanf, Gender Equality Representative