Join us

Answers to frequently asked questions concerning career at Helmholtz Zentrum München and the application process:


How do I find out about new job openings?

To find out about new job openings, you can simply go to our job search or be informed about new job openings via RSS Feed.

How do I apply for a job at Helmholtz Zentrum München?

You can either send your application by e-mail or by mail to the contact person listed below.

Is it better to apply by e-mail or by regular mail?

Applications via e-mail are easier for our administration to process. Moreover, the paperless form is better for the environment.

Should the application and letter of recommendation be written in English?

No, that is not mandatory. It depends on the specific position. However, for scientific positions it can be advantageous.

What qualifications do I need to apply to Helmholtz Zentrum München?

In general, you should have an interest in science. The concept of service is very important to us, especially in the administrative area. Otherwise, the necessary qualifications and job requirements are specified in the respective job advertisement.

How and when will Helmholtz Zentrum München contact me?

After receiving your application by e-mail or by mail we will get back to you as soon as possible.

How can I withdraw my application?

If you wish to withdraw your application, just send us a letter indicating this fact by mail or e-mail.

What does TvöD mean?

TVöD is the abbreviation for the collective agreement of the civil service, which regulates salary, number of vacation days and benefits, etc.

Is confidentiality guaranteed?

Please indicate this in your application, and we will handle your application confidentially in any case. 

How and where can I send an unsolicited application?

Yes, unsolicited applications are possible. Contact the research institutions you want to apply to directly. For administrative positions, please contact the Human Resources Department directly.

Can I do my graduate work and obtain a doctorate from Helmholtz Zentrum München?

You can do your PhD at Helmholtz Zentrum München in cooperation with the universities. Please refer to the website of our graduate school HELENA.

For which occupations does Helmholtz Zentrum München provide vocational training?

  • Office administrator
  • Specialist in office communications
  • Specialists in media and information services (BIB)
  • Biology laboratory assistant
  • Animal keeper
  • Warehouse specialist
  • Agricultural assistant
  • IT specialist for systems integration
  • Bachelor of Science (BA) in Environmental and Radiation Protection
  • Bachelor of Science (BA) in Occupational Safety

Job descriptions are given in vocational training.

We use cookies to improve your experience on our Website. We need cookies to continuously improve the services, to enable certain features and when embedding services or content of third parties, such as video player. By using our website, you agree to the use of cookies. We use different types of cookies. You can personalize your cookie settings here:

Show detail settings
Please find more information in our privacy statement.

There you may also change your settings later.