Moving out and departure


If you end your stay in Munich, you should follow the formalities listed below: 

•    Deregister with the local
      residents' registration office
•    Close your bank account and
      cancel your EC bank card
•    Notify your health insurance
      company and return your
      health insurance card

and if necessary

•    Give proper notice of termination of the tenancy agreement in writing
•    Cancel your insurance policies (e.g. liability insurance)
•    Cancel your mobile phone contract
•    Cancel your home phone/broadband service
•    Notify your electricity supplier about the termination of your electricity
      supply agreement
•    Deregister with the GEZ in order to cancel the monthly direct debit of the
      licence fee 
•    Cancel your railcard
•    Settle your tax liabilities.

If you want to move out and change your domicile within the Munich area, please obverse the following:

•    Deregister and register your new domicile with the local residents'
      registration office
•    Cancel your old electricity supply agreement and apply for a new one for your
      current accommodation

send notification to inform of your new address to

•    Scholarship provider 
•    Bank
•    Health insurance company
•    Other insurance companies  (e.g. liability insurance)
•    Mobile phone provider
•    GEZ
•    Employer

We use cookies to improve your experience on our Website. We need cookies to continuously improve the services, to enable certain features and when embedding services or content of third parties, such as video player. By using our website, you agree to the use of cookies. We use different types of cookies. You can personalize your cookie settings here:

Show detail settings
Please find more information in our privacy statement.

There you may also change your settings later.