The Institute of Computational Biology (ICB) offers support in biostatistics.
Our offer includes
- Consulting service: statistical advice for projects ranging from students' theses to long-term projects
- Biostatistics teaching: courses for different levels of previous knowledge
We have expertise in
- Descriptive statistics (e.g. graphical data analysis)
- Classical inference (e.g. maximum likelihood estimation, regression, hypothesis testing, model choice, survival analysis, functional data analysis)
- Computational statistics (e.g. bootstrap, Monte Carlo methods)
- Bayesian statistics (e.g. Markov chain Monte Carlo)
- Dynamical modeling (e.g. partial/ordinary differential equation models)
- Experimental design (e.g. power analysis, sample size estimation)
This service is available for all members of Helmholtz Zentrum München.